Peach Energy Arms!
For all you “Kill la Kill” fans out there, here’s episode one of “Sukeban Deka” (Yo-Yo Girl Cop/ Delinquent Girl Detective). Just skimming through the ep I found a bunch of fun reference KLK’s been using:
1. The heroine of Sukeban Deka, Saki Asamiya, wields a yoyo as her main weapon. Ryuko Matoi’s wrist band is in the shape of a yoyo and even includes a pull string to unlock her suits powers!
2. The school uniforms in Sukeban have a black and red color pallete similar to the uniform Ryuko wears.
3. Both Ryuko and Saki have mysterious benefactors in black sunglasses and moppy hair that provide them with powers and advice.
4. Imaishi and crew are definitely emulating the tight zoom film lenses utilized of the 80’s and Sukeban. They help to compress space and impose a figure in the distance on the figure in the foreground.
5. Plucky sidekicks, bullies and political corruption. What more could a girl ask for!
6. And the ending as has already been discussed …
I can’t believe Tales of Vesperia is coming to PS3 localized and its getting a new opening!
Morgianna, just saying, that little princessu is perfecto
All the awards to whomever was in charge of the script this episode.
Unofficial Sentai Akibaranger- Season 1 Yumeria Appreciation Post
Still holding out for an episode where she wears her flapper cosplay outside of the opening animation. A karaoke-centric episode needs to be made in general, really.